Franklin Antonio Hall – University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA
Architect: Perkins + Will
Contractor: Architectural Glass and Aluminum
Part of the Jacobs School of Engineering, this new facility will serve as an important hub for undergraduate and graduate-student learning, both in and out of the classroom. Designed as a center for 13 large research facilities, called “collaboratories”, this building also boasts a 250-seat auditorium, two 100-seat classrooms and collaborative student study spaces.
- Targeting LEED Gold
- Design-Assist-Build Services for 486 Shading Fins on Building Exterior.
- Design Review and Feasibility Analysis
- Preliminary materials, manufacturing, engineering, scheduling and budget estimation
- Presentation of options and solutions, including schedule, scope and budgeting aspects of various options
- Engineering analysis, calculations and submittals
- 3D Modeling in various software platforms
- Design, fabrication and installation options and analysis
- Prototyping and Samples
- Fabrication of Fin Assemblies
- Scheduling and Coordination of Delivery to Site